Two Stage O2 Delignification
This project involved the budget preparation, detailed design, procurement, and construction of a second reactor to the existing Oxygen Delignification System at Cascade Pacific Pulp. This projects goal was to lower bleach plant operating costs by reducing chlorine dioxide consumption in the first bleaching stage.
The major parts of this project included:
- Process design for maximizing the use of existing equipment and minimizing interruptions to the current process during installation.
- Engineering for heavy piled foundation, deep excavation, and four levels of steel platforms for the reactor.
- The design, procurement, and installation of a new oxygen reactor.
- The design, procurement, and installation of a new steam injector.
- The procurement and installation of 2 new mixers.
- Upgrades of existing dilution pumps.
- The addition of a second MC pump and the upgrade of the existing unit.